Young Stupid and having fun

Social lounge to talk about anything unrelated !

Young Stupid and having fun

New postby JoeH on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:36 am

Ts 250 .jpg
Had to post this pic..My kid flipping off his friend taking a picture to post on some form of social media they use. :roll:

Hes having a blast with the rebuilt TS.
He just finished his Motorcycle safety course last weekend which is required for him to get his motorcycle license for the street , he will be getting his drivers license in 2 months and now it will also cover motorcycles.
Hes excited to be able to drive it to school…I told him he better F'n' stay off the lawn!!! He's one of the starting linemen on the varsity football team which is a pretty big thing for a being as young as he is, and I can see him thinking its funny to drive it right on to the practice field figuring the coaches will let him slide…because they let him slide in other areas…I assured him they won't be amused!!!! And at the very least I won't be because Ill be the one being called. :x
JoeH
Your Rank:TC90 "Blazer"

Re: Young Stupid and having fun

New postby EJTS250 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:56 pm

My Sophomore year we were getting ready to start our football practice and we heard the sound of a small engine revving up. Here comes this kid on a pocket pocket flying down this pavement road next to the football field, he rides up and down a few times and doing much. So the coaches call us over to start drills all a sudden you hear the Head coach cussing up a storm and screaming as loud as he could and a bunch of other coaches running over. That kid did big burn outs and doughnuts in the practice field and was headed to the main field but he cut across a grassy area and headed to a parking lot.

Next day there was giant cookies all over the main field and the whole football and soccer fields had burn out marks and cookies. Of course no one knew the kid because we all thought it was funny...lol...a few people knew the kid but didn't want to say anything.

Can imagine hes going to become very popular riding up on his TS, I know I would have head over to check it out and not think twice about being late for class....
You can always use more power.
EJTS250
Your Rank:TS400 "Apache"

New postby Butcher on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:26 am

Sorry missed this post! Very funny. Is the cameraman(boy) on another digger? Ya got to have fun while young. Boys will be boys.

We used to play game of flick off the ranger, catch us if you can! He only caught us once as someone's bike broke down. "If I ever see you again" or something with big satisfied smile on his face.

Then the hippy fun police banned bikes on forest and installed these lovely long shingled tracks for mountain bikes. Sweet we thought. Perfect for riding on we thought!

It is amazing where a ts can go, under wire rope fences for example ;). Or over them.

We knew all the tracks / escape routs (sp).

Argh, harmless fun! It is the grumpy old men / women that complain the most. "argh my hearing aid is feeding back you whipper-snapper. Come back and I will fold you over my knee and whip you within inch of life!) Hahaha. Reliving their childhood, I'd suspect!

Just watch your boy doesn't play among cars. A forum member here (whatshisface, can't recall the chaps name) had nasty lesson in life. I have the photos somewhere (can't find just now). Entire front end of bike smashed in and broken legs etc. Poor guy. Going too fast.

Argh, just squished a mozzie... Got the bastard!

Old man told me to get a (wait).

Just got a 2nd mosquito. Bit of rain and the buggers advance, re-procreate and attempt attack.

Get a car cause cars have doors. WTF old man? Well doors can be replaced but legs can't.

Oh, I was named after my old man's late friend tony that owned a Kawasaki triple back in the '70's. Most sweet 2-smoke bike but handling was poor. Should of been called a one wheeler as front never touched the ground. Not good of you need to take a corner at speed. Hit a tree or lamp post or something. Anyway, true story... Waste of a good blokes life.

Riding off road is practically safe. Unless you do something stupid (read drink and ride at night with no lights and hit a tree!)
Last edited by Butcher on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
Fix it and try again - Burt Munro.
Butcher
Your Rank:TM400 "Cyclone"

New postby JoeH on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:29 am

[attachmout all the most dangerous habits of car drivers BUT we all know how it happens. We live in a very rural area so traffic can be nearly non existent depending on the roads.
I also worry about him driving a car him and al his friends still believe there invincible , we all know what that is like…parenting is quite a job!!!

I have an hopped up 72' H2 750 triple (ported, piped, carbs, custom) he WONT be driving that any time soon …get it pointed in the wrong direction and hit it hard and you will be in trouble fast!! Love my H2 but its not user friendly especially after all the mods to it.
H2.jpg

The TS is just fine for him for a while its a great bike, I pick it to ride a lot and I have several bikes to choose from, go anywhere, fun, and best of all COOL!
JoeH

New postby kbzx6r on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:23 pm

That H2 looks totally bad-ass. Good job! And good job keeping the youngun away from that thing. We use to call those Kawasaki triples "Widowmakers" - especially the early H1s with the drum brakes (a.k.a. my dream bike). The H2s were considerably improved in the handling/stopping department - but the extra power made up for that - and thus they still qualified as Widowmakers.
Drive it like ya stole it
Currently - 75 TS250, 02 Kaw ZX-6R
Previously - 70 T350, 71 TS250, 72 GT380, 72 TS125, 72 TS250, 75 Yam YZ360B, 72 GT380 diy cafe racer, 80 GS750, 73 TS185, 82 GS1100
kbzx6r
Your Rank:TS250 "Savage"

New postby Butcher on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:38 am

We use to call those Kawasaki triples "Widowmakers".

That was what the old man called it :) or should that be :(.
Butcher

New postby JoeH on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:35 am

Stock they are pretty tame by todays standards 60 to 70hp, give them a good port job and then things change! The biggest problem is when they hit the pipe depending on how the porting was done what pipe they are using, a well ported H2 can have a horsepower rise that leaves even modern super bikes feeling a bit anemic. They can go from 40 hp to over 100 hp in less than 3000 rpm. Thats the fun part but also needs major respect when street riding.
Dont get me wrong a modern sport bike will KILL most old H2's
Until you get to the drag bikes or wickedly set up street bikes! H2 dragsters FAST!!!!!!
I believe they still hold the record for fastest naturally aspirated 750cc engines.

Mine is about as fast as an older 600cc super sport... 90 hp at the rear wheel. All is power is from 6000 to 9000 below that is a big moped, which is the problem for a beginner. The pipe comes on HARD at 6000 and it rockets so fast its hard to even pull in the clutch or hit the brake if your not expecting it, and it hits the 9000 rpm limit so fast its hard to shift it quick enough. Not to mention if you are leaned over in a corner….
There are better ported and piped H2's out there than mine, they are tricky buggers to hot rod and keep good low end and good ride ability.
JoeH

New postby Butcher on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:01 pm

Ra, but inappropriate (Me) right now. 125 is a blast and gets Me out on the tracks. As well as anybody else too. Riding such a joy requires at least a fear not to ride. Install first ride and pleasure, RIDING something that will throw you...

What I like about my 125 is not control, that comes with respect, but, Um,,...

Controlability. Having fun. I must state that dirt (adventure) riding is me... All the time! 125 / 185 does that !
Last edited by Butcher on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Butcher

New postby kbzx6r on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:12 pm

Back in the mid 70s the H2s were absolutely the quickest vehicles on the road. A well built H2 could smoke everything. Even the Z1 riders and fastest muscle car guys knew better than to mess with a H2 with pipes. Totally agree with how well those engines responded to a good port job and well matched pipes and carbs. When big two stoke motor came on the pipe it was as if a rocketsled with handlebars was going by - and you grabbed on! Sure, more modern sport bikes got crazy fast and sophisticated but that's after 30-40 years of development. Until a couple years ago a guy at work here used to run real low 9s with a marginally street legal H2 drag bike (DIY water-cooled!) running avgas thru carbs and wheelie bar installed. One time I tried racing him (in street trim) from about a 30 roll with my mildly tweaked ZX-6R...
kbzx6r.jpg

...and all I saw was his taillight.

By the way, I just now noticed the background for the picture of your awesome bike. How appropriate ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Drive it like ya stole it
Currently - 75 TS250, 02 Kaw ZX-6R
Previously - 70 T350, 71 TS250, 72 GT380, 72 TS125, 72 TS250, 75 Yam YZ360B, 72 GT380 diy cafe racer, 80 GS750, 73 TS185, 82 GS1100
kbzx6r
Your Rank:TS250 "Savage"

New postby JoeH on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:37 am

kbzx6r looks like a nice background in your picture :mrgreen: Nice Kawi too.

Ya Butcher this is the first time in YEARS I have ridden on dirt and I have forgotten how much fun it is!!!
Just found out that by our cabin I can (Oh I mean my son :P ) can get a sticker and can ride ALL the state forest trails!! I knew there were good trails up there that allow motorcycles but to have access to all the trails is AWSOME!
I am so glad this TS was so complete without the stock exhaust it would not be allowed , the bikes have to have stock exhaust with United States Foresty spark arrester which it has and they need to be street legal enduro's with DOT liscence plates.
JoeH

New postby Butcher on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:16 am

"Ya Butcher this is the first time in YEARS I have ridden on dirt and I have forgotten how much fun it is!!!"

Well I got my TS185ER running again today (first time in 9 months) after using some nice smelling talkin (sp) powder with flat rear tyre. This kid is happy as! Even got the 185 up on 1 wheel up and down the drive in at least 2 gears narrowly managing the house! (oops) Yay. That means I got two bikes going (125 too) and you know what that means? Mates riding!

185, do you like dirt? "Um, yes!" Uh, ok....
Last edited by Butcher on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Butcher

Return to The Pub